CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2000

From:
Aaron Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 23:36:40 -0700
Hi:

I have a simple application: I am planning to use the
confocal principle to increase S/N for my single-point
fluorescence detection setup.  I do NOT need to scan
or assemble an image; I am simply detecting from a
single point.

My question is one of logistics: do any of you know of
a product that can be mounted on a Zeiss Axiovert 135
inverted microscope that would allow convenient
implementation of this scheme?  I imagine a simple
product, consisting of

(1) a lens
(2) a pinhole mounted on a 3-axis manipulator
(3) a PMT housing

I hope that this would be a relatively inexpensive
product because I do not need mirrors for scanning or
image-assembling/processing software.

Thanks for your help,
Aaron