CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2003

From:
Robert Atkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:29:27 +0100

Hi Ken,
What are the gaskets made of? Are they simple "O" rings or a special
shape. It would seem that a material change is in order. Viton (a
fluorocarbon rubber) is resistant to just about every oil and solvent in
common use and standard size "O" rings are available in this material.
Sheet, tube and even heatshrink tube are also available. Zeiss may have
a good reason for not using Viton (the only disadvantage I know is that
it produces hydrofluoric acid as a decomposition product when burned,
not a problem for this application), perhaps a rep could comment.

Robert.