CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2005

From:
kirk czymmek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:42:19 -0400

Rosemary,

We recently used Imagene Green in Medicago roots to localize GUS
expression in root nodules and root hairs. The root nodule expression
was intensely labeled with controls showing absence of signal. Some
empirical tweaking of incubation time may be needed. The labeling
pattern via confocal microscopy basically showed a bright ring around
the expressing cell walls with lower level cytoplasmic labeling.   In
the root hair case, were were unable to see convincing signal using
standard GUS expression and this was still the case with the Imagene
Green. In this case, non-specific background prevailed. The standard PDF
product description has two plant references at the end of the document
that we used to get fixation and labeling conditions for plants which
seemed to work for us.

Good Luck!

Best Regards, Kirk

Kirk J. Czymmek, Ph.D.