CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2013

From:
Christian Wilms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:23:56 +0100

Hi Heather,

in our hands poly-lysine seemed to increase autofluorescence by binding riboflavin. So when using culture media with high riboflavin levels the autofluorescence levels were much higher than when using low riboflavin solutions. Importantly this binding seems to be quite stable: the difference persisted even after multiple wash steps with riboflavin free imaging solutions.

Depending on the culture medium you are using, you might want to switch to a low riboflavin medium at least a day or two prior to imaging.

Hope to help,

Chris