CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1995

From:
ESTERMAN MICHAIL A <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 13:05:19 +0000
Several questions:
1. Does anyone know if there are any similar conferences in the US to the
one listed below at Oxford ?

2. I am just getting started in Confocal - we have a BioRad MRC 1000 yet to
get training - background is Biology and Image Analysis:

Refer me to any good text to give me grounding in Confocal and 3D Analysis

3. I seemed to have misplaced the post address for this list - could
someone post it.

4. I found the digest for this list on the Web but the index by subject
must have some bad pointers I kept getting error messages when I tried to
access posts.

Thanks

Mike Esterman
Scientific Imaging Center
Lilly Research Labs
Indianapolis IN 46285
<ANNOUNCEMENT
<
<3-D IMAGING SCIENCES CONFERENCE
<OXFORD 15-17 APRIL 1996
<
<3D microscopy, especially with confocal image collection, plays an
<increasingly important role in material and medical/biological
<sciences, especially for the observation of live objects in 3
<dimensions in real-time. Effective use of these images, requires 3D
<image processing and rendering, optimally also in real-time. The field
<has seen a tremendous development since its origin in the beginning of
<the eighties.
<  The series of 3D conferences of which the present is the 8th has
<played an important role in the growth of the field by providing not
<only a forum for the developers of these techniques but also by its
<specific aim of bringing them together with the users of these
<techniques. Also developments of importance to 3D microscopy are
<followed. This year we will devote special attention to near-field
<optical microscopy- often done in conjunction with scanning force
<microscopy-. The 3D and near-field microscopy have a common ground in
<the fascinating developments taking place in the identification and
<measurement of the properties of individual fluorescent molecules.
<Developments which hold great promise for the high sensitivity
<fluorescence imaging in microscopy in general but especially for
<application in so-called 4D - 3D plus time - imaging.