CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1996

From:
Stephen Cody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:57:12 CST
On Tue, 27 Feb 1996 10:14:02 -0500, Charles Richardson wrote:

>We need to use volume rendering software (in our case, VoxelView on an SGI),
>to reconstruct pathologic lesions which have already been microtomed to their
>glass slides.  We want to digitize the individual slides using a Nikon/Kodak
>DCS420 digital camera on a microscope connected to a PowerMacintosh.

I've written a macro that'll help those with a similar problem of aligning
images, but only if your using a Bio-Rad system (sorry Charles). My macro
assists the microscopist to manually realign consecutive serial sections at
the time of image collection. It is also useful, for physiological type
experiments where your specimen may  move during the experiment, and
you wish to realign it to its original position.

The macro allows the user to draw an overlay around an obvious structure,
and later recall this overlay to aid in manual realignment. While not as
elegant as some of the previous solutions posted, the method is simple and
works pretty well.

If you would like this macro:

                   Please DON'T reply to this group.

Email your request to [log in to unmask]
Stephen H. Cody,                                        __    /
Biomedical Confocal Microscopy Research Centre        _/  \__/ \
Department of Pharmacology,                          /          \
University of Western Australia,                    /            \
Nedlands WA 6009,                                   \*  ____     /
Australia.                                           \_/    \_ _/
         email:  [log in to unmask]              __
         Phone:  61 09 346 4569   Fax: 61 09 346 3469         \/