CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1998

From:
William Grever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 20:30:11 -0400
Dear Confocal Folks,
        I am a new member of the confocal listserver group and am shopping
for a confocal system.  I am interested in getting a multi-photon system
to be installed in a new multi-user facility.  After reading some of the
archived messages I find that asking the question: "what is the best
system to buy" is open to a lot of personal preference from the users of a
given system.
        So along with asking what is the best system to buy, I have some
additional questions about the systems I have been considering, namely the
BioRad 1024, the Zeiss' 510, and the Leica TCS SP.

1. Does anyone have hands-on experience using the Leica TCS SP?
2. Has anyone done side-by-side comparisons of the 1024, 510 or the TCS
SP?
3. Has anyone used the Zeiss 510 or Leica TCS SP for multiphoton imaging?
4. What are some thoughts/opinions/comments on the pico-second LASER
pulses for multi-photon imaging used by Leica?
5. What are the disadvantages of using fiber optic coupling for the pulsed
LASER in multi-photon microscopy?
6. How has service from BioRad, Zeiss and Leica been in the Midwest, USA?

Any help and or comments will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Will Grever
William E. Grever, Ph.D.