CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2002

From:
Chris Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:10:52 +0800

Hi all,
I've just started a research program that utilises CLSM to image chondrocytes
in articular cartilage. It's very early days at this stage.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with using flourescein as a contrast
agent when imaging chondrocytes in articular cartilage.  Specifically if anyone
has tried varying ph levels in order to achieve deeper penetration.
Essentially I'm trying to figure out the best concentration/osmolarity
relationship given that the experiment we are conducting only allows relatively
short immersion time (and will hopefully be conducted in vivo - eventually).

Any suggestions for relevant dyeing protocols would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Jones
Ph.D. Student
Dept. Mechanincal Engineering
University of Western Australia