CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2012

From:
Barbara Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:40:46 -0400

Hi, Ellen

Are you able to change the mounting material to
something like glycerin which might match the RI
of the mucus more closely but still be inert to
the whole mount?  I don't know that this will
work with living tissue, but it might be worth a
try with the whole mount.  We played a similar
trick on a materials science application when
trying to look at very fine copper particles on a filter.

Also, try minimizing the pinhole on your
confocal.  It should help reduce the scatter dramatically.

Good hunting!
Barbara Foster, President and Sr. Consultant

Microscopy/Microscopy Education
P: (972)924-5310
W: www.MicroscopyEducation.com

We are now scheduling courses through January 2013