CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 1999

From:
James Pawley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 18:46:33 -0600
Hello all,

As sometimes happens, some people find they can't get money to attend
courses at the last minute while others don't hear about them until it is
too late to apply.

Now may be your chance!

Three late cancellations at the UBC Live-Cell course mean three
opportunities for those of you who have ten days free this June.

We expect to have an international faculty of 15, and on-site equipment
that includes 2-photon systems from Olympus (and maybe Leica).  There will
also be single-photon confocals from Bio-Rad, Olympus, Noran, Nikon, Zeiss
and Yokogawa/EG&G, deconvolution set-ups from API,
AutoQuant/Universal-Imaging, Improvision, Intelligent-Imaging and Vaytek
all set up for "live-cell" work. In addition, there will be was laser
tweezers, microinjection and sundry other delights.

These systems are not just to look at but to use for over 45 hours of
organized 2D and 3D live-cell laboratory sessions, plus 20 hours of evening
sessions for group live-cell projects.

Although the eight "Groups-of-3" have already been set up and have chosen
their "individual projects," we are able to accept 3-2 more students as
long as their backgrounds will fit into one of these groups.

If this interests you, go and find out more at:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/ladic/course/bulletin.html

which has the rest of the story, including a preliminary program.

Then fill out the Registration Form from the site to tell us about you, Fax
it to me ASAP and we will see if we can fit you in.  (I will be away the
week of April 9-18)

Hope that you can join us in Vancouver this June 16-27.

Jim Pawley, Organizer
Prof. James B. Pawley,                             Ph.  608-263-3147
Room 223, Zoology Research Building,               FAX  608-265-5315
1117 Johnson Ave., Madison, WI, 53706  [log in to unmask]
"A scientist is not one who can answer questions
but one who can question answers."
                Theodore Schick Jr., Skeptical Enquirer, 21-2:39