CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2007

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:56:34 -0700

We will soon be building a video-rate confocal microscope with an
electrophys stage to do simultaneous imaging and electrophys work.  I
was wondering what electrophys stages people were using for this sort
of thing?  We were looking at Luigs and Neumann stages, but I don't
see that any of them have Z-axis movement.  What are people using for
focus and stage access in this sort of arrangement?  I'd assume the
stage would have to be able to be raised and lowered, but I don't see
any obvious mechanism for this in the stages I have thus far seen.

Thanks,

Craig