CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1995

From:
"Joe F. Meehan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 14:37:48 -0600
We are using a laser scanning confocal microscope to image tissues which could
be as thick as 900 microns, and the images from the deeper sections have been
very blurry.  I understand that there are many factors that could affect the
maximum depth of imaging, and I have a copy of the Confocal Handbook that I can
dig into for some answers.  But, before I get started, I was wondering if anyone
else was successfully imaging such thick samples, or if 900 microns is simply
too thick.  (Low magnification would be fine.)

Thanks in advance.

Joe Meehan