CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2008

From:
Jason Swedlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2008 22:58:34 +0100

Hi Craig-

I'm pretty sure you want to be careful mixing the different oils-- they are
of different chemistry and might produce unpredictable results.  Maybe call
them and ask.  However, we always used the Cargille Laser Liquids (
http://www.cargille.com/laserliq.shtml) and the mixing trick there (I am
pretty sure you have to mix w/w but again call) worked quite well.  Most
likely, you'll want the 5610 series.  Regardless, note that all oils suffer
dispersion and wavelength and temperature differences from that specified
will cause them to have different  effective RIs when, for example, used at
37 deg C.

Cheers,

Jason