CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2005

Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:55:51 -0700

Hi Andy,
As an alternative, you might think about a chamber that encloses your
imaging system.  Pretty much all the confocal systems can be had with one to
fit most any scope.  In this case, you simply perfuse humidified 5% CO2, 95%
air through the enclosure.  One of the benefits is that the whole imaging
system is equilibrated to the same temperature, so problems associated with
a temp gradient between objective and sample, as well as focus fluctuations
over time, are minimized.
Cheers,
Carl
Carl A. Boswell, Ph.D.