CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2009

From:
Howard Berg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:17:36 -0600
The Fox paper is an excellent review and a great one to bring up,
Tom.  The skewed equilibrium is a good explanation for the poor
crosslinking ability of formaldehyde (too few molecules in solution)
and its propensity for vesiculating membranes in TEM preps (the effect
of methylene glycol).

R. Howard Berg, Ph.D.
Director, Integrated Microscopy Facility
Danforth Plant Science Center
975 N. Warson Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63132

ph 314-587-1261    fx 314-587-1361   cell 314-378-2409
[log in to unmask]    www.danforthcenter.org
visit this educational resource: http://www.danforthcenter.org/Cells/