CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2000

From:
Robert Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 10:04:44 -0400
Saw one for a day at a recent workshop.  Two-channel setup, AOM (akin to an
AOTF but slightly less utilitarian), 3D package.  I was quite impressed
given the ballpark price of 150K.  I would be interested in hearing about
Olympus setups - don't they have a "budget" unit as well?  Who else is in
this market besides Zeiss and Nikon?

>I have a question for people who own or have used the Zeiss personal
>confocal system (LSM 5 Pascal).  I am interested in any and all
>positive and/or negative opinions on this system.  Vendors please
>don't respond, I would like unbiased opinions only.  Thanks much,
>
>Tim
>

>Timothy Gomez, PhD
>Dept of Biology - 0357
>UCSD
>3220 Pacific Hall
>9500 Gilman Dr.
>La Jolla, Ca 92037-0357
>(858) 534-2456 (Ph)
>(858) 534-7309 (Fax)
>Home Page:  http://www-biology.ucsd.edu/~tgomez/

Robert J. Palmer Jr., Ph.D.
Natl Inst Dental Craniofacial Res - Natl Insts Health
Oral Infection and Immunity Branch
Bldg 30, Room 308
30 Convent Drive
Bethesda MD 20892