CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2011

From:
"Arrigoni, Marco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 07:52:43 -0800

As Guy correctly mentioned, the OPS technology is unique to Coherent and uses a diode-pumped semiconductor chip to generate infrared radiation that is then intra-cavity doubled or tripled to produce CW visible/UV light. This technology is flexible in wavelength and highly scalable in power. For example, Coherent offers OPS devices with wavelengths in the range 460-589 nm and power levels ranging from milliwatts to 10 watts. Frequency-tripled versions operate at 355 nm. A number of products using OPS technology are on display this week at Neuroscience. Details of these products and the OPS technology can be found at http://www.coherent.com/products/?771/Optically-Pumped-Semiconductor-Laser-OPSL-Technology

Best regards,

Marco Arrigoni
Director of Marketing
Scientific Market Segment