CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2015

From:
Kelly Lundsten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2015 15:27:15 -0800

Hi,

I was hoping someone in the community who has had to go through ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 1345:2003 certification could give us some feedback on what was required by their auditors to verify/validate the widefield microscopes in your facility.  We have an IX83 scope with an LED.  I assume we can use calibration slides, but which parameters are required?  Intensity, chromatic aberrations, spherical, etc??  How many parameters are enough to call an instrument "verified"?  We also have questions about how often you are required to calibrate and/or validate the scope?  Monthly, quarterly, yearly?  Is there anything about instrument validation for ISO compliance that we are overlooking?  Very open to experienced input.

Anybody out there in industry that can help?
Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly Lundsten
Business Segment Manager, Advanced Cytometry
Email: [log in to unmask]
Telephone: 773.633.4774
Website: www.biolegend.com
BioLegend
9727 Pacific Heights Blvd., San Diego, CA 92121, USA

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or private information. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message any attachments. Any disclosure, distribution or other use of this message or any attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited.