CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2015

From:
Philip Nicovich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2015 18:28:54 +1100

All,

I'm trying to set up a dual-camera TIRF system using two cameras and a
dichroic splitter before the pair of matched tube lenses.  The reflected
arm has some serious astigmatism that doesn't change with swapping cameras
or tube lenses or playing with the alignment.  The transmitted arm is
fine.  Swapping dichroics has a little bit of an effect, but not as much as
I would think.  I certainly haven't found one that actually works well in
my stash.

Any tricks to confirming that the dichroic splitter is causing the
problem?  Or what I should be looking for in a proper filter to ensure this
doesn't happen again?

Thanks,
Rusty

--

*Philip R Nicovich*

*Research Fellow,  **ARC Centre of Excellence in Advanced Molecular Imaging*

THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES

UNSW  SYDNEY  NSW  2052  AUSTRALIA

T: +61 (0)4 9909 2177

E: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

CRICOS Provider No. 00098G