CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2015

From:
Andrew York <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2015 07:11:42 -0800

I agree with John and Chris, you probably have a warped dichroic. You can
confirm using a laser pointer. Bounce the beam off your dichroic, and let
it propagate several meters (the further the better). Does the reflection
diverge asymmetrically? Does the asymmetry rotate as you rotate the
dichroic about an axis normal to its surface?

I also agree that you can buy your way out of the problem with a thicker
dichroic specified to have good flatness. This is important for both TIRF
and SIM.