CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2000

From:
Aryeh Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:17:52 +0300
John Runions wrote:

> You don't mention what microscope you are using and it could matter based on the
> optical system and what is in focus, for example, between eyepieces and
> objectives.  I have had problems with dirt on the glass at the bottom of the
> eyepiece tubes.  If the eyepieces are ever removed when setting the condenser
> diaphragm for Kohler illumination, dirt might get in.  Have you investigated
> internal, "exposed" surfaces?  Cheers, John.

Sorry about that -- mentioned in a private reply. The scope is an
axiovert 100 series inverted scope, ICS optics. It is independent of
objective, and is not in the oculars, since it shows up identically on
the cameras.

--aryeh
--
Aryeh Weiss                          | email: [log in to unmask]
Department of Electronics            | URL: