CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2004

From:
alice schmid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:44:09 -0700

Dear Confocal Listserv,

I need to know of a west-of-the-mississippi microscope
dealer who can sell me an injection scope, used.  I
used to use a nikon Diaphot and loved it, but when I
moved to my new job it got lost.  So i have a loaner
as a replacement, but it needs new lenses and some
major servicing.  The Nikon Rep has kindly lent me
another microscope, that is a newer updated version of
the Diaphot, but I can't afford what he wants to
charge me for it---plus, i know people won't believe
this, I like the Diaphot better.  The stage is
smaller, there is no  image inversion problem in using
my CCD camera and the lenses can switch around easily
(they aren't too big and ARE parfocal).

So.  Can anyone either sell me a Nikon Diaphot that
works well, has a UV power source and lamp and good
optics (including a 100X DIC lens) OR recommend
someone who works on microscopes who would be able to
come and look at what i have and whether or not they
can bring it up to snuff......

I'd be VERY grateful.

Alice Schmid
Eccles Institute of human genetics