CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2008

From:
Michael Weber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:56:32 +0200
Christophe,

from your list I don't see the need for advanced 3D support, or am I wrong?

I would suggest a Quad-Core machine (still useful for multi-tasking, i.e.
calculations in the background) with 8 or 16 GB RAM, fast harddrives (at
least boot disc + data disc), two nice screens with high resolution and
good color reproduction, good keyboard and mouse.

Regarding the operating system, probably XP 64 would be the best
compromise. Not sure about the Vista x64 support of the programs you
mentioned.

One option would be an Apple Mac Pro, Mac OS on a separate drive would
offer additional features.

Michael