CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2010

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2010 16:20:06 -0600

The papers are very interesting, but seem to be saying different things.
Donnert's paper basically says that giving the flurophore time to recover
helps increase signal and reduce bleaching.  Ji's paper, on the other hand
(note it is for 2p rather than confocal) states that increasing the number
of pulses per unit time achieves the same effect.  The papers in a sense
seem to contradict each other.  Any thoughts or comments, anyone?  Have
other groups verified these results?

Craig