CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2005

From:
"Cork, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:46:13 -0600

Stephen,

We do this all the time to make animations and 3D reconstructions.

However, I do not use Macs so some of my suggestions may not work.
Why don't you use Photoshop for the whole process? We put all the images on
separate layers and then adjust the opacity of the layers while aligning
them. You can move the layers and rotate them quite easily.

We then save all the layers as images and convert them to animations using
Macromedia's Fireworks. I think Adobe ImageReady would do the same job and
is closely integrated with Photoshop.

Amira has a utility to align images but it is expensive for what you want
and I am not aware of a Mac version.

Hope that helps.

John

Dr. John Cork