CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2000

From:
Robert Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 16:01:20 -0500
Yes, I heard this from others who responded to my (inadvertent - oops -
hope that's the last time I make that mistake!) post to the list.  In fact,
this was the major complanint - that they just couldn't see the forest for
the trees.  Now, what about antibodies?  Here, the major problem is
specimen preparation (like usual) so if you know what you are looking for,
can make a decent antibody to it, and aren't overly concerned about the
time involved to process the specimen (say 8-10 hours), then you can get
the critters labeled rather brightly.  Also, you have the luxury of
choosing your excitation wavelength to get away from the "bad" UV and blue
excitation that causes a lot of your autofluorescence.