CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2010

From:
"M. van de corput" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:16:19 +0200
I have tried twice to get it to work. Both to get it to my DNA (which was a big mess in
the end) and using indirect with anti-bodies (sometimes ok but most of the time huge
background and a lot of aggregates). My experience is that the q-dots tend to aggregate
and stick to the membrane of the nucleus. With bacteria I would think accessibility might
be a problem. The paraffin does not help either but with thin enough sections I guess it
would be doable. I would try first one q-dot staining before doing multi-colour FISH. The
few times I was successful the signals were absolutely great, that was indirect using a
digoxigenin labeled probe. You can also try a combination of both q-dots (when you get one
or two to work in you FISH) and conventional dyes.

Good luck,
Mariette