CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2000

From:
"Brotz, Tilmann (NCI)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:23:22 -0500
Donald,

to my knowledge, TO-PRO 3 (Molecular Probes) at least stains dsDNA brighter than
RNA and ssDNA. Although the To-Pro 3 is normally observed with a Cy5 type
filterset, the staining is usually  very bright and can often be detected with a
Rodamine filterset, too. With the 633nm laserline on the confocal To-Pro 3 is
our nuclear counter stain of choice without an UV laser.

Tilmann

Tilmann M. Brotz, Ph.D.
Head, Microscopy and Digital Imaging Facility

mailto:[log in to unmask]
+1(301) 435 6402 FAX +1(301) 496 0887

National Institutes of Health
National Cancer Institute