CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2009

From:
Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:07:06 -0700
Listers,

We have had continual disappointment in the management of our FluoView 500 service contracts (two systems).  We've been informed, contrary to what we've been lead to believe, that our older system will no longer be covered by Olympus.

At this point, I am frustrated, but do not want to completely "trash" a company, so I would like instead to ask questions.

1)  How popular are the purchases of extended service contracts?

2)  If a service contract is not purchased, how are the systems serviced, such as swapping out lasers, alignment issues, component degradation?

3)  A few years ago, we had a wonderful service company for an older Zeiss 410.  Are there companies anyone can suggest for continued service for a FluoView 500?  I'm in the Midwest of the US, and do have some problems getting the service I enjoyed on the coast.

Thank you all for your input, and please feel free to contact me off list if it's more comfortable.  Any information would be a great help.

Christian Elowsky