CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2001

From:
"Karen S. Zaruba" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:18:54 -0600
Heather,
It's been years since I did this sort of thing, but I wonder if the
temperature has more to do with cell functions such as patching and
capping than with Ab-Ag binding efficiency.  You don't mention whether the
cells were fixed, or whether you are looking at surface or intracellular
Ag.  I my past life I once did experiments looking at surface Ag's on
lymphocites that were unfixed.  We kept everything on ice to inhibit
patching and capping until the experiment reached the point where the
cells were fixed.  Can't remember the details, unfortunately.

Good luck with your experiments,
Karen Zaruba, Advanced Biologist
3M Company, St. Paul, MN 55144

Please respond to Confocal Microscopy List