CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2003

From:
Michael Cammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:40:49 -0400

For very bright staing, the 543 laser is fine, but I would like to second
the comment below, except that our backup solution is the BioRad Radiance
2000 or cooled CCD camera with deconvolution.  And in defense of Leica,
this problem is not Leica's; it is simply the low power output of the
laser.  The alternative would be the Kr/Ar laser which is fickle.

Forget about using the 543 laser for acceptor bleaching FRET.