CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1999

From:
Renato Mortara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:19:41 -0300
Dear Colleagues
May be someone out there has experienced this problem and might have a
solution.
Although Lasersharp (2.1a or 3.2TC) has in theory the capacity to
calculate the flurorescence intensity of a selected volume in a
z-series,In a z-series when we try to calculate the fluorescence
intensity in a Selected Volume, one  only gets the intensity of the
particular POLYGON (2-D) selected, even though the display
(HISTOGRAM/VOLUME) plot indicates 'Volume'. This is easily seen because
if we draw the desired polygon (selecting 'Volume' on the Menu) in a
section that is poor in signal, the output 'Volume' intensity becomes
small.

So the question is: HOW to MEASURE THE FLUORESCENCE INTENSITY OF A GIVEN
(SELECTED) VOLUME IN A Z-SERIES. ?

Many thanks,

Renato Mortara
Disciplina de Parasitologia