CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2007

From:
Kevin W Eliceiri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 21:12:47 -0600

In 2003 Brad Amos and John White wrote a review for the Journal of Biology of the Cell entitled "How the Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope. entered Biological Research" that covers the history of the MRC500 development and timeline of other confocal developments. This is freely available at:

www.biolcell.org/boc/095/0335/boc0950335.pdf

In this review they state that one of the first public showings of their prototype was at
the Symposium of the International Society for Analytical Cytology in Cambridge, UK, in 1987.

Kevin W. Eliceiri
Director
Laboratory for Optical and Computational Instrumentation
http://www.loci.wisc.edu
Room 271 Animal Sciences
1675 Observatory Drive
Madison, WI 53706