CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2007

From:
Doug Cromey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:24:17 -0700

Judy,

The OCF facility scheduling program we use here has a program that
can run on a Windows machine and it tracks logons and logoffs.  We use
this data for billing hours on our confocal, since sometimes people sign
up for 3hrs and only use 2.5.  Sorry, it doesn't track individual programs.

http://schedule.arl.arizona.edu/select_resource.php?v=1

The software is open source, does require a Unix/Linux server and a few
other things.  Contact the University of Arizona Biotechnology Computing
Facility for more details (see:
http://bcf.arl.arizona.edu/contact-us/5.html ).

Doug

Judy Trogadis wrote:
> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> This is a question for supervisors of equipment :
>
> What sort of monitoring programs are available for documenting usage on
> computers attached to microscopes?  The built-in Windows utilities just
> don't do it for me.
>
> Every user in our facility has their own login ID, password and I would
> like to record whenever they launch specific programs and when they exit
> from a program. This can be used for billing, for usage stats and for
> identifying "anonymous" (after-hours, without booking, improperly
> trained) users. If this is too complicated - some programs have
> components which launch from several locations simultaneously - then
> simply logon/logoff would be fine.
>
> I asked this question a few years ago but it was for an NT OS - very
> difficult, I'm hoping XP will have a simpler solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Judy
>
> Judy Trogadis
> Bio-Imaging Coordinator
> St. Michael's Hospital, 7Queen
> 30 Bond St.
> Toronto, ON M5B 1W8, Canada
> ph:  416-864-6060  x6337
> pager: 416-685-9219
> fax: 416-864-6043

Douglas W. Cromey, M.S. - Assistant Scientific Investigator
Dept. of Cell Biology & Anatomy, University of Arizona
1501 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ  85724-5044 USA

office:  AHSC 4212         email: [log in to unmask]
voice:  520-626-2824       fax:  520-626-2097

http://swehsc.pharmacy.arizona.edu/exppath/
Home of: "Microscopy and Imaging Resources on the WWW"