CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2010

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:15:18 -0700

If you can't unmodelock your laser, one thing you can do is fire it through
a big block of glass to stretch the pulses out into the many picosecond
regime.  This will help keep 2 photon effects from happening so you can
concentrate on 'CW' effects.  It's not perfect, but it is really easy to
implement.  Just put a glass block between the laser and your microscope, an
inch thick ought to do it.

Craig