CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2004

From:
swatkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:30:55 -0500

Folks, I have heard from a few people that they did not receive the original
enrollment notice for QFM sent last December, probably ignored in the Xmas
rush, so here it is again,

We would like to announce that enrollment for Quantitative Fluorescence
Microscopy 2k04 at the Mount Desert Island Marine Laboratory in Maine is now
open. The tremendous success of the course over the last several years has
encouraged us to run it again next year, and as it is January it is time to
start our enrollment.  This is an intensive lab/lecture course, focusing on
fluorescence microscopy in all its forms, including widefield, Confocal,
Multiphoton, Decon, TIRF, FRET etc, as well as extensive coverage of the
mechanics and practical aspects of computer aided image quantitation and
analysis.  We also encourage students to provide their own specimens such
that the hands on components of the course are as enriching as possible.
Enrollment is highly competitive, so if you think that you or your
colleagues would benefit from the course please enroll as soon as possible.
The url for the course is http://www.cbi.pitt.edu/qfm/index.html

If you have any specific questions about the course feel free to contact me
directly I look forward to hearing from interested applicants soon

Thanks Simon

Simon C. Watkins Ph.D. FRC Path.
Professor, Cell Biology and Physiology
Director Center for Biologic Imaging