CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1999

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 18:21:17 -0500
>Part Two of the problem is that my institution recently bought a Leica
>confocal, and while the primary data are quite nice the file format seems
>idiosyncratic.

If you save the data on the leica as Tiff image stacks, what you get is a
stack of 8bit b/w images: first all the images of the first channel, then
the second channel etc. You can easily open this e.g. in NIH Image. The LUT
is saved somewhere in the header. So what you need is a software that can
merge the "independent" colors into a 24 RGB stack. Back to square one.
I've heard that IP Lab can do this on the Mac, but I have no own experience.

Steffen

Dr. Steffen Dietzel
Dept. of Cell and Structural Biology

B107 Chemical and Life Science Building