CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2009

From:
"Konz, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:22:53 -0400
Greetings everyone:

The New England Cytometry Users Group would like to announce the date and program for our annual Fall meeting.  It will be on October 22nd from 9 am to 5 pm at the beautiful Starr Center at the Schepens Eye Research Institute in Boston.  Registration will open at 8:15 am with breakfast being served.

http://www.schepens.harvard.edu/starr_center

As always, we look forward to interact with the vendors who provide us the tools and supplies to make our Research and Diagnostic work a reality. As well, our meeting success depends on sponsorships from our vendors. As many of you know, our last few meetings have been very successful, with attendance from 125 - 185 people spanning the US and Canada. Please see the list below of sponsorship levels and table sizes. As well, we are offering the opportunity to sponsor breakfast and breaks. Please contact me directly if you are considering sponsoring one of the breaks.  Please send your check payable to "New England Cytometry Users Group" to me at the address below.

As we are all facing difficult financial times and to allow more of our exhibitors to attend this conference we are reducing our vendor table rates this year:

6 foot table [2 attendees admitted] $700.00
[2] 6 foot tables [4 attendees admitted] $1200.00
Literature Only [no attendee, we will set up] $500.00
Additional Vendor attendees will incur a registration fee of $65.00.

Please let me know if you will require any electrical outlets for instrumentation or computer workstations. There is a nearby loading dock and street access for literature or instrumentation. If you will be shipping anything to the conference, please contact me as well.

I look forward to working with you to make our meeting a mutual success.

We have an excellent line up of speakers this year!  It looks to be one of our best meetings yet and the venue is excellent.

Kamran Badizadegan, MD.

Harvard Medical School / MGH

http://hst.mit.edu/public/people/faculty/facultyBiosketch.jsp?key=Badizadegan

Al Donnenberg, Ph.D.

University of Pittsburg

http://www.mirm.pitt.edu/people/bios/DonnenbergA1.asp

Joonsoo Kang, Ph.D.

UMASS Medical School

http://www.umassmed.edu/ivp/faculty/kang.cfm

Peter Lopez

New York University

http://www.med.nyu.edu/research/lopezp04.html

Phil McCoy, Ph.D.
NIH

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/resources/chi/directors/mccoy.htm

Jonathan Sexton, Ph.D.
North Carolina Central University
http://brite.nccu.edu/Dr_Sexton

Howard Shapiro, MD., PC
Howard Shapiro, MD., PC.

http://www.shapirolab.com/

Frank Traganos, Ph.D.

New York Medical College

http://www.nymc.edu/Research/CoreFacilitiesAndResources/FlowCytometry.html

Please check our web site for meeting updates  http://www.bostoncytometry.org

All my best regards,

-Rich

Richard F. Konz, Jr.
President; New England Cytometry Users Group
http://www.bostoncytometry.org

Assistant Professor
Department of Medicine
Graduate Faculty, Immunology and Virology Program
Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility
UMass Medical School
55 Lake Avenue North
Room: S5-322
Worcester, MA 01655
Office:  508-856-1598
Lab:     508-856-3276
Fax:   508-856-1581
Pager:  508-722-0560
Email:  [log in to unmask]
Lab Web:      http://www.umassmed.edu/facslab
Faculty Web: http://www.umassmed.edu/ivp/faculty/konz.cfm

The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before, the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat.
Jacques Yves Cousteau