CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1997

From:
Helmut Prosch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 13:35:13 +0100
Dear List Members

Our institute has recently been equipped with a confocal microscope
(Zeiss LSM 410) and the Kontron KS400 image analysis system. I am
working on a project where I have to measure the volume of the Golgi
Apparatus.

I am presently attempting to achieve this using the whole cell
fluorescence image. Is it feasible to determine the volume by the
intensity of the signal? If not, How else might the volume be
determined?

As a medical student, I have a limited technical background and would be
very grateful to any suggestions you might have.

Thank you