CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2002

From:
Leigh Silvester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:29:47 +0100

We are thinking of using these dyes as a nuclear stain with a confocal
to contrast with FITC staining on animal cells centrifuged onto
coverslips and paraformaldehyde fxed.

Visualised with an Argon/ion laser

Does anyone have any experience of this fluorochrome?

What about bleaching?

Are there better fluorochromes?
We have tried propidium iodide but it is unsatisfactory due to mRNA
staining.

We only have an Argon ion laser at the moment, HeNe green/red in the
land of grant applications at the moment.

Regards

Leigh Silvester
Division of Animal Physiology
University of Nottingham