CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2005

From:
"K. Takeda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:11:12 +0200

Dear Confocalists,

Since the Zeiss buyout of BioRad, the question of
how to refurbish/replace Kr/Ar lasers (3 lines,
15 mW) that were supplied with BioRad MRC-1024
confocal systems has been raised several times

However, a quick scan of the confocal archives
reveals that most recent suggestions concerning
who to contact focus on US-located companies
(like Dynamic Laser  http://www.dynamiclaser.net/
)

On our MRC-1024, we have a Kr/Ar laser, from ILT
(Innovative Laser Technologies ?) (15-20 mW) that
has just died.
I would like to hear from European users who have
recently replaced/refurbished their Kr/Ar lasers.
Are there "laser repair" companies in Europe,
like Dynamic Laser ? Are such companies capable
of aligning lasers on confocal systems ?
In other words, is there any alternative to negotiating with Zeiss ?

I would also be very happy to discuss off-line
with European BioRad 1024 owners concerning how
they have dealt/are dealing with
service/repair/replacement issues handled by
Zeiss.

Thanks in advance for your input.   Ken

K. Takeda
UMR CNRS 7034