CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1995

From:
Melissa L Farquhar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 16:01:31 -0400
On Mon, 22 May 1995, Ulrich Seydel wrote:

> Just a simple question.
> Can I run Comos and MPL from Windows? Is there any special memory
setting...

sure about MPL)...We have a BIO-RAD MRC-600 which runs through comos and
has Windows through which other software image processing runs. It is
possible to run comos through Windows; however, with our computer, there
is not enough memory to support all that is required during image
capture. I tried doing this, for ease of switching to Nexus which is
Windows suppported,  and found that the z-series capture did not work
properly - The focus motor would not move consistently and a full scan
was not always taken before the image was saved,  leaving one with an
incomplete z-series.
        So from my experience, I would exit Windows before entering
Comos, although this may vary on the computer that you are running your
system on.
        Cheers,
        Melissa Farquhar
        Dept. of Botany