CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2000

From:
Dr Pedro J Camello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 21:23:24 +0200
You can use Scion Image, a free version of NIH Image for PC. I
have found very useful handling tiff files exported from BioRad 1024
software. What I do is to open all the files I want to analyze and
then I add all together as a stack file (containing a sort of "movie"
which can be played forward or bacward). Then I draw a region of
interest (unfortunately must be rectangular, but may be in the last
version this has been changed so that you can measure in
freehand ROIs). Since the measure command will measure only
the frame in which you draw the ROI you must load some macro
which repeats that measurement in all the frames of the stack. I
think this option is contained in some of the macros available in the
web of Scion corp (www.scioncorp.com). In addition, they technical
department of Scion sent me a plain macro to do that. If you want I
can send it to you.
Other packages should do the same, as ImageJ
(http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/). I think this one can read the intensity
from a ROI in all the tiff files allocated in a folder, and can also use
stacks, but I have found some memory problems (even with 128
Mb RAM!).
Good luck

> Can anyone tell me which free software can calculate the intensity of the same region of timelapse image in tiff format.
> Thank you!

Dr Pedro J Camello
Dept Physiology
Fac Veterinary Sci