CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2012

From:
Deanne Veronica Catmull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2012 05:45:39 +0000

Is it possible to section the brain prior to imaging? If you can make consistent sections of particular regions you will get far better results rather than imaging it whole. There are many issues with imaging the sample whole including laser penetration as the sample is quite opaque, working distance limits depending on your desired optical magnification requirements and blurring via spherical aberration if the sample is not 100% flat. You may be better off going 2P if sectioning is not an option.

Cheers,
Deanne.