CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2004

From:
Carol Bayles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:38:23 -0500

I have used a complicated but neat and effective sealant which also
works well with live material.
Use Valap, a mix of vaseline, lanolin and parafin, 1:1:1.  To use,
heat gently until melted.  Then bend a paper clip into an L-shape and
heat the bent end in a bunsen burner.  Dip the corner into the valap.
The drop that forms will stay liquid long enough to apply drops at
the corners or a streak along the side of the cover slip.  With a
little practice you can make very neat slides.  I don't know how long
they last, as I only worked with live material.

Carol

--
Join the mifgroup mail list

Confocal and Multiphoton Microscopy