CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1994

Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 1994 11:53:34 -0400
I'm looking for a fluorescent dye to monitor fusion between Virosomes
(something like fusogenic liposomes) and eucaryotic cells. I would
encorporate this dye into the virosomes. I would think that the lipid
membrane has to be impermeable for this kind of dye to exclude leaking.
Because I would like to perform this fusion experiment with living cells it
might even be possible to use a dye that is altered by the cell-metabolism,
to prove that it really entered the cytoplasm during fusion.
Does anyone have experience with a dye like that. A reference would be
helpful, too.
Thanks

        Hayssam Zakaria
        Fraunhofer Institut