CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2004

From:
Alison North <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:38:55 -0500

Hi Desmond,

We have been using a PE Ultraview spinning disk confocal extensively on
live yeast cells, both cerevisiae and pombe.  It works very well.  However,
we have also just had our DeltaVision upgraded to the new RT system, and
this also looks pretty promising - for certain applications it could even
have distinct advantages.  Too soon for me to say though - I need to do a
thorough comparison of imaging conditions and I only made my first movie
with it on Friday....

If you have more specific questions feel free to contact me off-list....

Best wishes,
Alison

At 09:54 AM 11/1/2004 +0800, you wrote:
>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
>Hi there,
>I am inquiring into tried and tested set-ups for live cell imaging of yeast
>cells.
>Anyone has tried the Microlens Nipkow Disk Set-up?
>
>Desmond Dorairajoo
>Research Officer
>Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, Singapore.

Dr. Alison J. North
Rockefeller University,
Bio-Imaging Resource Center, Box #209,
1230 York Avenue,