CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2014

From:
Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:10:19 -0700
I am employed in a very diverse multi-user core facility.

Listers,

I am employed in a very diverse multi-user core facility.  I primarily operate the Nikon A1 between 5 and 7 hours a day for a wide range of users, from undergraduates to PI's.  In any case, the issue I have is that exporting or minor edits to the raw .nd2 files must occur on the A1 system as our users are mostly completely ignorant and we have no imaging software which is not dedicated to a system.  It's amazing how much time I lose trying to export a two channel z-projection from a three channel .nd2.  Do any of you have any suggest software or tutorials I might build upon to provide to my users?  Nearly everything we do is supplementary information (figures), not quantitative, but then I do not believe the users know the difference between an .nd2 and a .jpg.

I have used the FIJI build of ImageJ for some users, but getting folks trained up is also time consuming.  I understand I may be out of luck in this venture.  I do thank you for any help you might provide.

Christian