CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2003

From:
Gert van Cappellen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:22:04 +0200

Becker and Hickl is selling hardware that can be connected to many
microscope systems which does support FCS measurements, but only in
combination with a pulsed (multi-photon) laser.  We use the Zeiss FCS
system which after some stratup problems seems to work fine. We are in
the process of comparing results with FRAP results (diffusion times). We
are mainly interested in proteins in cells and this is not so very easy
and straith forward. However the very sensitive detector works great
with low levels of proteins, like proteins with native promotors or
transgenic GFP mice cells.

Regards, Gert