CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2006

From:
"W. Chan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:16:25 -0800

Are you referring to RAM or harddisk space?  As far as I know, LaserSharps
writes to temporary files rather than holding the experiment in RAM.  We
have a Radiance 2000 on NT (1 GB RAM, 1.5 GB page file) with LaserSharp
5.2 build 824.  The collection limit is 2 GB.  You may want to check
"System Configuration | Scan system" for the setting of the collection
limit.  Previous versions may have a 1 GB limit.  Also check the location
of the temporary files which needs to have plenty of space (as much as you
want to acquire each time or more).  Good luck.

--
Pang (Wai Pang Chan, [log in to unmask], PAB A087, 206-685-1519)
The Biology Imaging Facility (http://staff.washington.edu/wpchan/if/)